Epi-Care Wrist Worn Epilepsy Sensor
The Epi-Care wrist worn sensor is the world’s first wrist worn epilepsy sensor and is manufactured by epilepsy specialists Danish Care. The product was clinically tested for over 4800 hours at three test centres.
The Epi-Care system consists of the Epi-Care wrist worn sensor and a base unit.
Being wrist worn, the product increases a user’s independence versus a traditional bed or chair based sensor.
It needs just an hour to charge and is suitable for anyone over 10 years of age.
The sensor detects tonic-clonic / grand mal seizures. When a seizure is detected, the alarm is activated and the base unit sends an alert to a care phone or mobile pager.
The base unit can be placed anywhere in the home within a range of 20m from the sensor. This range can be extended with the installation of optional repeaters.
Where to buy
If you are a Business, Local Authority, part of the NHS, Charity or any other type of company please contact us for more info or to place an order:
Images may feature additional products.
- Using a 3-dimensional accelerometer and RF technology the device is triggered by tonic-clonic / grand mal seizures
- Plug and play technology
- Worn on either wrist or ankle
- Easy to use
- Less false alarms and more reliable than bed based solutions
- Wrist Band Frequency – 868MHz
- Expected working range from Wrist worn detector to Control Unit – 20 metres line of sight
- Receiver Range – up to 200 metres line of sight extendable with repeater units for the Neat Electronic compatible versions
- Configurable “Out of range alerts” can be sent
- Auxiliary Alarm Output for integration into Nursecall systems
- Inbuilt rechargeable battery
- Battery charge time (Wrist worn detector)- 1 hour
- Recommended charge cycle – daily
- Wrist worn detector battery life expected to last for 2 years
- EU Medical Device Directive 93/42 EEC, risk class I
- IP rating: Wrist worn detector – IP20, Control Unit – IP32
- Possum – 035-080
- Tunstall version – 035-080T
- Chubb version – 035-080C
- Tynetec version – 035-080L