Paper Thin – Occupancy Sensor for Falls Prevention
Shortlisted for NHS in the North Excellence in Supply Awards 2019!
Unlike most commonly used falls detecting mats, the Paper Thin mat uses capacitive sensing technology rather than their weight.
The Paper Thin mat can be used on beds as well as chairs to detect occupancy.
The Paper Thin can be cut to size and positioned to provide the best level of protection and comfort for the user.
There are two versions available made out of different material to suit different requirements:
- Tyvek which is tissue viability approved and permeable, assisting in the prevention and management of pressure damage
- Mylar which is a durable wipe clean version that has waterproof properties
It is easy to fit – it is placed underneath the bed sheet and attached to the mattress with the strong adhesive tape (which is positioned on the reverse of the mat).
Where to buy
If you are a Business, Local Authority, part of the NHS, Charity or any other type of company or a private buyer please contact us for more information or to place an order:
- Proven to significantly reduce false alarms
- Can be cut to size and positioned to provide the best level of protection
- Works with any type of bed/mattress, including profiling beds
- Easy to fit – place underneath the bed sheet and attach to the mattress with the strong adhesive tape (which is positioned on the reverse of the mat)
- Can be used with the majority of suppliers Dispersed Alarm Units (DAU), care phones, paging solutions
- 100% Waterproof
- Easy to clean
- Tear resistant
- Tissue viability approved and permeable, assisting in the prevention and management of pressure damage
Evidence shows that effective fall prevention as part of a multi-factorial fall prevention programme (MFFP) is cost effective, significantly reduces fall rates (biggest cause of death in over 65s in hospital following hip/knee replacement in the UK) and simple to install and operate. (Nursing Times 24.05.11 / Vol 107 Online Edition / www.nursingtimes.net)
- Paper thin bed sensors are now compatible with:
- Tunstall TIM sold in packs of 10 – Tyvek 035-185 and Mylar 035-186
- Tunstall Universal Sensor sold in packs of 10 – Tyvek 035-189 and Mylar 035-188
- Tynetec version sold in packs of 10 – Tyvek 035-218 and Mylar 035-219
- Chubb Bed Occupancy Monitor Sold in packs of 10- Tyvek kit 035-220 and Mylar 035-221
- Dimensions: 87cm x 15cm
- Weight: 50g
- Warranty: 12 Months
Part number for Possum versions:
035-247 – SensorMATe3 Paper thin tyvek kit
035-248 – SensorMATe3 Paper thin Mylar Kit