November 2019: voice activation now available on Qwayo. Contact us to purchase or upgrade.
Derived from the Latin ‘Queo’, meaning ‘to be able or can’, Qwayo is the latest offering from Possum, allowing users to have full control of their immediate environment.
The main benefit of the Qwayo is how customisable it is, a user can choose if they want a simple set up with a few functions available, or a more advanced set up as each Qwayo is tailored to the user’s requirements.
The Qwayo can be used to control (additionally purchased) Assistive Technology products, for example switching on and off a lamp, fan or radio, using an intercom, raising an alarm, opening and closing doors or raising or lowering a chair or bed.
The Qwayo can also act as a communication device, allowing people with physical or cognitive disabilities to send and receive calls, e-mails and SMS text messages. The Qwayo can be programmed to have pre-set contact groups or messages to save time. Users can also browse the web using Possum’s accessible web browser and access apps including Kindle which we have configured so that a page can be turned using the switch of choice.
The unique technology behind Qwayo takes the user experience to the next level whilst Qwayo’s ability to provide emergency alarm functions – even if Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Android fail, delivers peace of mind.
The user can choose from a small or large tablet or phone for the Qwayo system to run on. For more information please see the Qwayo brochure below.
Amazon and Kindle and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Terms apply to voice activation purchase or upgrade.
Where to buy
If you are a Business, Local Authority, part of the NHS, Charity or any other type of company or a private buyer please contact us for more info or to place an order:
What does Qwayo do?
- Full environmental control of Infra-Red operated devices
- Control of Possum assistive technology devices, including telephone, power sockets, beds and chairs
- Emergency call and integration with NEAT pagers and Care Phones
- Both land-line and mobile phone calls can be controlled
- Activation of existing alarm systems such as Nurse Call systems
- Use of mainstream Android device to facilitate future upgrades
- Switch accessible Internet access
- Purpose designed web browser
- Range of switch accessible Apps available
- Switch accessible Android tablet access
- Compatible with a range of Android display sizes
034-901 – Qwayo 5″ Mobile GSM (Phone)
034-852 – Qwayo 7″/8″
034-794 – Qwayo 7″ / 8″ GSM (Phone)
034-789 – Qwayo 10″
034-793 – Qwayo 10″ GSM (Phone)
- Dimensions : Height 40mm , Diameter 90mm
- Battery 2000 mAh 18–24 hours (depending on usage)
- Connectivity Bluetooth 2.0 I NEAT Radio transceiver I IR
- Charging Micro-USB (supplied medical power supply)
- Class 1 Medical Device under the Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC
- Standard EN60601