DPOs WanderSafe 2 – position monitoring system
This flexible and unrestricted monitoring solution helps to provide both independence and safety for vulnerable users as they move unrestricted throughout a property.
D-POs WanderSafe 2 is a wrist or lanyard worn sensor which can be used to detect occurrences of wandering and send an alert to the receiving device with details of the person and the location, for example ‘Mr Smith has just gone out of the garden door’.
It is ideal for use in a residential home caring for those with Dementia.
The WanderSafe 2 system is a solution that provides reliable care for patients and workers in healthcare centres. Dependant on its configuration the system can be used for access control, wandering, panic and indoor emergency location system.
- Access control: when a user, patient or professional enters a designated area, the wristband verifies its configuration and the door is opened or closed, granting or denying the access, depending on who is requesting it.
- Wandering system: when a user goes through a restricted area the wristband the user is wearing notifies the carers via the portable units they are carrying. The notification shows which user has entered which restricted area, enabling the carer to respond efficiently.
- Panic system: when a user or carer needs help, they can trigger an alarm which goes to a tracks unit, showing who has sounded the alarm and their location. The Smile ID wrist band makes it possible to set different alarm types, such as short press, long press and double press which can be configured to mean different things.
- Indoor location: the unit can be configured to send an automatic position each time a user walks into a specific area. This position is stored in the software management tool, making it possible to know who is where, and what route they have taken to get there.
Where to buy
If you are a Business, Local Authority, part of the NHS, Charity or any other type of company or a private buyer please contact us for more information or to place an order:
- D-POS is an RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) position transmitter for use together with any of the Possum Telecare products which have in-built RFID capabilities such as the D-ATOM portable trigger and Info Pager 2nd Generation. The D-POS transmitter control unit and Antenna are fitted throughout the property and are usually located on or near doorways. As the D-ATOM portable trigger (worn by the user) moves through the field that is emitted by D-POS, the D-Atom will receive and store the information on this location.
This information can be used to:
- Detect occurrences of wandering and send an alert to the receiving device (e.g.
Info Pager 2nd Generation), with details of the person and the location e.g. Mr Smith, Front Door.
- Detect the last known location of the person should they press the D-Atom to send an alert to the receiving
- Control access to certain rooms or areas if required
- Can be linked to competitor products or other nursecall systems.
D-Atom Portable Transmitter/Receiver
- ATOM with RFID receiver
- Water proof to IP67
- Measures 44 mm x 35 mm x 11 mm
- Weight around 30 g including battery
- Stretch bracelet or neck pendant
- Automatic power saving mode
- Large and clearly identifiable button
- Programmable permissions to access different areas
- RFID range test capability
D-POS Position Transmitter and Antenna
- D-POS: 130 x 71 x 27 mm
- D-POS-Antenna: 30 x 212 x 24 mm
- Up to 256 Door ID’ s
- Adjustable power transmission
- Ferrite or ground loop antenna
- Door widths up to 2.5 m
- Can be linked to door opening
- Up to 16 different areas
Part number: 035-081 – Wandersafe excluding D-Atom
NE10-07036-01 – D-Atom